Industrial gas building explodes in Danbury

An industrial gas company building in Danbury was destroyed Wednesday in an explosion.Officials say the blast at the Hocon Gas and York Instruments building on Payne Road happened just before midnight. When firefighters arrived, officials say the lower level of the building was engulfed in flames. Officials say the explosion sent debris flying 75-100 feet in the air.It took firefighters from Danbury and Bethel nearly three hours to battle the blaze, according to officials. Officials tell News 12 Connecticut that they believe a gas leak inside the building may be the cause of the explosion.No injuries were reported. One firefighter was taken to the hospital for chest pains.

sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."