Bridgeport man fighting for his life after fire

A fire has left a Bridgeport man fighting for his life Monday.

The fire started Sunday around 4 p.m. in the basement of a home on Harvey Street. Firefighters say it appears the 59-year-old, Elieso Lopez was using a flammable solvent near his water heater when the solvent burst into flames.

The victim ran out into his driveway, where firefighters found him burned from head to toe. They say he was alert and walking around.

The man is in critical condition at Bridgeport Hospital's burn unit.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."