Dog killed in Bridgeport house fire

A family in Bridgeport is heartbroken after losing their dog in a house fire.



The incident happened at around 5:30 p.m. on Friday.



Officials say the family accidentally left a pot cooking on the stove, which sparked the fire.



Police say a married couple and their 18-year-old son had left the home and nobody else was inside except for the dog, a pit bull named Remington. Firefighters found the dog in the rear bedroom and attempted CPR, but they were unsuccessful.



There was severe damage to the first floor of the home.



The family says they are grateful nobody else was hurt, but losing Remington was a painful shock for the family.



Remington was about to turn 2 years old.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."