Expectant Norwalk couple unharmed after propane blast

Posted: Updated:
NORWALK -

A Norwalk mother-to-be and her husband escaped unharmed from a propane explosion at their house on Deepwood Lane.

Firefighters say propane gas built up in the home of Mamata and Bertrand Simon, igniting and causing an explosion early Tuesday morning. Windows blew out onto the lawn, and broken glass was scattered all over.

Crews finished burning off the excess gas Tuesday night. Firefighters said it allowed them to remove the tank that appeared to be the source of the leak.

The Simons bought the house a few weeks ago. They say they're expecting a boy and were debating names Monday night.

The couple will be staying with friends until they can return home. Mamata Simon is six months pregnant.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."