Hearing to be held in 2004 murder case after new evidence foundPosted: Updated:
Lawyers for a man accused of killing and then chopping up his uncle claim they have new evidence that could clear their client.
Defense lawyers of Marash Gojcaj say they're asking for a new trial after finding new evidence.
Gojcaj is serving a 50-year sentence for the murder of his uncle, Chef Joe Vuli, in their Danbury restaurant back in 2004.
Police say Vuli was shot twice in the back of the head, and then his body was chopped up and dumped on the side of the road in Bedford, N.Y.
Defense lawyers say Danbury police withheld evidence on this case, claiming that there is no truth to where this murder happened.
News 12 Connecticut reached out to the Danbury Police Department Wednesday, and it has no comment.
There's a hearing for the case Thursday morning at Danbury Superior Court.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- An Uber driver is accused of sexually assaulting a minor in Fairfield.An Uber driver is accused of sexually assaulting a minor in Fairfield.
- The attorney for a former animal rescue president accused of starving to death five dogs in her Fairfield home has disclosed he's pursuing a new defense in the case.
- Gov. Ned Lamont signed a bill Monday morning to accelerate the deployment of 5G technology throughout the state.
- Siguen las protestas en nuestra área en rechazo a las deportaciones masivas anunciadas por el presidente Trump.
- A relay protection system that should have isolated a faulty distribution cable but didn't led to the loss of power that darkened Manhattan for several hours, Con Ed said Monday in a preliminary review.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.
- Here's the latest concert information for the XFINITY Theatre in Hartford.Here's the latest concert information for the XFINITY Theatre in Hartford.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.
- Are you heading to the USA women's soccer team's World Cup victory parade in New York City today? We want to see your photos!
- Jennifer Dulos, of New Canaan, has been missing since May 24. Her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos and his girlfriend Michelle Troconis, have been arrested and charged with tampering with or fabricating evidence and hindering prosecution.