Fire erupts in Torrington home

Posted: Updated:
TORRINGTON -

A Torrington street was shut down Saturday night as crews battled a grease fire.

The fire department says the fire began on a stove and extended to the kitchen cabinets in an East Elm Street home.

Firefighters were able to put out the flames with a portable fire extinguisher.

No one was injured.

The fire marshal is investigating the incident.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."