Antonio Felipe wins Bridgeport special election for Santiago's seatPosted: Updated:
Democrat Antonio Felipe won a special election in Bridgeport to fill the seat of late state Rep. Ezequiel Santiago.
Felipe will represent the 130th District, which includes the South and West ends of downtown Bridgeport.
According to the Secretary of the State's office, the 23-year-old won the election with 466 votes.
The special election was held for the vacant seat of Santiago who died suddenly in March.
Five candidates were fighting for the 130th Assembly seat.
Petitioning candidate Kate Rivera took in 343 votes, while Christina Ayala had 72.
Petitioning candidate Hector Diaz was just behind Ayala with six percent of the votes.
Endorsed Republican candidate Josh Parrow had three percent of the votes.
Felipe's father was a aide to former Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch.
Power & PoliticsMore>>
- News 12's John Craven goes one-on-one with Moore in an interview this week on Power & Politics.News 12's John Craven goes one-on-one with Moore in an interview this week on Power & Politics.
- The Bridgeport Registrar of Voters officially qualified state Sen. Marilyn Moore to be on the ballot Tuesday.
- A Connecticut congressman is calling on Washington to help fix the state's roads as the tolls debate drags on.
- Gov. Ned Lamont is calling on Washington to pass more gun control measures in the wake of two more mass shootings. But gun owners say he's making them the scapegoat.
- An app that began as a school project at Westhill High School is now one of the top free apps in the country.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Two people were displaced after a fire sparked at a home in Stamford.Two people were displaced after a fire sparked at a home in Stamford.
- An apartment complex in Norwalk held a grand opening for its units.An apartment complex in Norwalk held a grand opening for its units.
- Today we celebrate a dish sizzling with savory Tex-Mex flavor - it's National Fajita Day!Today we celebrate a dish sizzling with savory Tex-Mex flavor - it's National Fajita Day!
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.