Happy Father's Day: Woodbridge dad turns 100Posted: Updated:
A Woodbridge man celebrated Father's Day Sunday, along with a very special milestone.
Five children, 12 grandchildren, and 13 great-grandchildren surrounded Mark Gredinger with love for his 100th birthday celebration.
Some people say Special K cereal is Gredinger's secret to longevity, but if you ask Gredinger, it's his wife, Marilyn.
"She's the secret because she takes very good care of me," he says. "Very good care. We love each other very much."
Even at 100 years old, Gredinger's memory is so sharp it amazes his children. What is even more amazing is his physical strength. Gredinger played tennis into his 80s.
The icing on the cake -- his 100th birthday is also Father's Day.
"I have a poem I'm going to recite a little later," says his son Martin Gredinger. "I do that every year for Father's Day and for his birthday. And it was a little bit more sentimental this year. It's nice to just have everyone together."
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Authorities say a mother was stabbed by her 15-year-old child in Bridgeport.Authorities say a mother was stabbed by her 15-year-old child in Bridgeport.
- A Bridgeport police officer was placed on administrative leave after being captured on video apparently striking a suspect in the head with a gun.
- Bail was set at $200,000 for a homeless man from West Virginia who was charged with placing two devices that looked like pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.
- Michelle Troconis is scheduled to appear in court Monday in connection to the Jennifer Dulos disappearance case.
- Fire crews pulled a man out of Lake Mohegan in Fairfield Sunday.Fire crews pulled a man out of Lake Mohegan in Fairfield Sunday.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.