Animal rescue group under investigation following death of 3 dogsPosted: Updated:
A local animal rescue group is under fire again over the care of its animals.
The organization Tails of Courage moved from Danbury to Wolcott after the city of Danbury sued it over claims of animals living in disgusting conditions.
Wolcott Animal Control says it was given eight dogs from Tails of Courage that were sick. It says three of those dogs have died. The others have been adopted or are being cared for at the Watertown Animal Hospital.
Jillian Wanner, from Bristol, says she adopted her puppy, Louie, from Tails of Courage earlier this month. She says when she first saw him, he was a healthy dog. But by the time she brought him home, he was very sick.
Wolcott Animal Control officer Rosyln Nenninger says Wanner's dog was taken to the University of Connecticut and tested positive for parvo, a contagious viral illness.
Wanner says her dog died at the hospital.
Nenninger says when she heard about Wanner's case, the state inspected Tails of Courage.
Nenninger told News 12 she had two dogs from Tails of Courage; one of them died Wednesday morning.
“I think they should probably cease their operation,” Nenninger said.
Tails of Courage has not commented on the allegations.
Wolcott Animal Control says this is an ongoing investigation and is planning to hold a meeting with police Thursday.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say two people are injured following a shooting in Bridgeport Friday.Police say two people are injured following a shooting in Bridgeport Friday.
State health officials say two Connecticut residents have been hospitalized with severe respiratory symptoms they believe are linked to vaping and e-cigarette use.
- According to Bloomberg, three new iPhones are expected next month, including a 'pro' model with a brand new camera system.According to Bloomberg, three new iPhones are expected next month, including a 'pro' model with a brand new camera system.
- This week's workout comes from Donna at Lifetime Athletic Club. News 12's Elizabeth Hashagen learns some moves that incorporate strength training and yoga.
- In honor of the first U.S. patent for a waffle iron on August 24, 1869 - today we celebrate National Waffle Day!
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
- Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.