2 injured after SUV crashes into Bridgeport smoke shopPosted: Updated:
An SUV crashed into a smoke shop in Bridgeport injuring two men, police say.
The incident happened Tuesday at Tony's Smoke Shop on Main Street after 10:30 p.m.
Officials say the two 23-year-old men were trapped inside of the vehicle after it crashed into the building and had to be extricated.
Both men were transported to Bridgeport hospital.
The passenger of the vehicle is from Stratford and police say he suffered a brain bleed and is in critical condition. Officials say the driver of the SUV is from Seymour and he suffered non-life-threatening injures.
Officials say the men were not wearing their seatbelts and the car was traveling over 50 miles per hour.
The owner of the shop, Tony, says the SUV came to a stop up against the counter inside the store but that it was closed at the time.
Tony has owned the shop for 19-years.
The city's Building Department was contacted and has to assess the damage to the shop.
But customers say if they know Tony, his shop will be up and running again pretty soon.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Video has been released of the man who tried to burglarize a liquor store and successfully stole from a restaurant in Stamford.
- State police rescued a bald eagle that was struck by a car and suffered a broken wing on Route 8.State police rescued a bald eagle that was struck by a car and suffered a broken wing on Route 8.
- The automaker is rolling out an EV-charging network for the public, and partnering with Amazon to install home charging setups.
- Kinsmen Brewing Company in Milldale is not just a place to try different beers, it's a brewery that is looking to build a community.
- Westport doesn’t reach “peak” fall colors for another few weeks, but the storm blew away a lot of those colorful leaves tourists come out to see.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!