Chef's Quick Tip: Cold-fighting teaPosted: Updated:
This week, Mike Geller from Mike's Organic shows Tina Redwine how to make natural and healthy recipes.
Mike’s Cold Fighting Tea
1-inch fresh ginger root (grated or finely diced)
1 cup water (boiling)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tablespoon raw, local honey
1 shot whiskey (optional)
Ginger is antibacterial, Lemons are packed with Vitamin C, and Raw Local Honey is antiseptic and a super food.
Mike’s Cold Fighting Tea Instructions
1. Place the (peeled) grated or minced ginger into a teapot. Even if your ginger is stringy and tough, don’t pay that any mind, you will just strain it at the end anyways.
2. Pour 1 cup boiling water over the ginger and let it steep for 3 minutes
3. Add the organic lemon juice and raw, local honey to a large mug
4. Strain the ginger tea into the mug.
5. Stir to dissolve the honey, taste, and add more honey or lemon juice if you needed
6. Add 1 shot of whiskey if you want an additional kick!