Special Weather STATEMENT in effect for:
Lamont: 415 coronavirus cases confirmed in state; 10 fatalities related to virus reportedUpdated:
Gov. Ned Lamont said Monday there are now 415 reported cases of coronavirus with 10 fatalities.
Lamont said about 4,500 people have been tested for coronavirus.
COMPLETE COVERAGE: Coronavirus stories from News 12
GET INFORMATION: Coronavirus details from the CDC
CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION: What you can do to protect yourself
GET THE FACTS: What you need to know about coronavirus
BY THE NUMBERS: The latest statistics from the CD
He also said he's looking to cap the number of cars going to state parks to allow people to still get outside but continue social distancing practices.
Lamont says he ordered all schools to remain closed until April 20. Since Friday, another 27,000 people have filed for unemployment in Connecticut.
CORONAVIRUS TRACKER: Cases in the tri-state area
TESTING SITES: A list of coronavirus testing sites in the tri-state area
PHOTOS: The impact of coronavirus around the world
- President Donald Trump gave an update on the coronavirus pandemic from the White House Rose Garden Sunday evening.President Donald Trump gave an update on the coronavirus pandemic from the White House Rose Garden Sunday evening.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or think you may have been exposed to coronaivurs, here is a list of coronavirus testing sites in the tri-state area.If you are experiencing symptoms or think you may have been exposed to coronaivurs, here is a list of coronavirus testing sites in the tri-state area.
- From all the regions at News 12 – Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Bronx, Brooklyn and the Hudson Valley – we want to assure you, we’re all in this together.From all the regions at News 12 – Westchester, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Bronx, Brooklyn and the Hudson Valley – we want to assure you, we’re all in this together.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Gov. Ned Lamont said Sunday that there are an additional 399 cases of coronavirus in Connecticut, bringing the statewide total to 5,675.
- Home testing for the new coronavirus may sound like a good idea, but U.S. regulators say it’s still too risky.
Bridgeport woman calls on prison officials to release her children's father early due to the COVID-19 outbreakA Bridgeport woman is calling on state prison officials to release her children's father early during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The coronavirus is taking away many events, but one girl’s birthday was saved thanks to a group in Monroe.
- Queen Elizabeth II offered support to a country locked down in the coronavirus pandemic, promising the nation that it would rise to the challenge and overcome the outbreak.
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.