4 displaced after Bridgeport CO scare

Bridgeport firefighters say a carbon monoxide detector helped save four people this morning by alerting them to a life-threatening leak. Officials believe the leak at 640 Laurel Ave. is likely the result

News 12 Staff

Feb 2, 2012, 12:33 AM

Updated 4,453 days ago

Share:

4 displaced after Bridgeport CO scare
Bridgeport firefighters say a carbon monoxide detector helped save four people this morning by alerting them to a life-threatening leak. Officials believe the leak at 640 Laurel Ave. is likely the result of a basement furnace malfunctioning.
One of the residents at the home is a 2-year-old boy. Police say a similar leak last month left 10 people hospitalized. Red Cross volunteers say the residents have been set up to stay at a local hotel until the home is deemed safe again.


More from News 12