6 hospitalized for chlorine exposure at country club pool

<p>Six people were hospitalized for chlorine exposure following an incident Saturday at the pool at the Country Club of Darien.</p>

News 12 Staff

Jul 22, 2017, 8:20 PM

Updated 2,492 days ago

Share:

Six people were hospitalized for chlorine exposure following an incident Saturday at the pool at the Country Club of Darien.
Darien police say there was a power outage, and afterward the pool's jets released the chlorine, causing a reaction in some of the people there.
The six people were taken to Stamford Hospital.
Their identities were not released.
According to the CDC, the risk for exposure to chlorine depends on how close someone is to the place where the chemical was released.
The length of exposure time also makes a difference. 
Symptoms can vary based on what form of the chemical a person is exposed to. Some symptoms include blurred vision, blisters and skin injuries similar to frostbite.
Internally, people may experience difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.


More from News 12