Bridgeport man knocked out by household chemicals

A Bridgeport man is recovering after mixing two household chemicals that reacted and poisoned him. Firefighters say the man, who lives on Stratford Avenue, was cleaning his bathroom with bleach and

News 12 Staff

Dec 8, 2012, 5:34 AM

Updated 4,243 days ago

Share:


A Bridgeport man is recovering after mixing two household chemicals that reacted and poisoned him.



Firefighters say the man, who lives on Stratford Avenue, was cleaning his bathroom with bleach and drain cleaner Thursday night. Family friend Dan Resto says he called 911 after the man passed out. The man was then taken to Bridgeport Hospital.



Fire officials say the incident serves as a reminder for anyone using household chemicals. Read the label, follow the manufacturer's recommendations, use as directed says Bridgeport Assistant Chief Richard Thode.

Firefighters say they see household chemical reactions most often in the summer when people are cleaning their pools.


More from News 12