Busted boiler sends Bronx family to the hospital

A Bronx family was rushed to the hospital Tuesday morning after suffering smoke inhalation due to a broken boiler.
According to neighbors, a mother, her two children and a brother ended up in Bronx Lebanon Hospital after inhaling smoke that seeped out of a faulty boiler in the basement of their apartment building at 1327 Teller Ave.
Tenants say they were awakened by the smell of smoke, and many had difficulty breathing. They claim the boiler has not been working properly for over a year, polluting the building with soot.
?My neighbor called with the problem a long time ago, and they don't pay any attention,? says tenant Jenny Perez.
The condition of the family that suffered smoke inhalation remains unknown. The landlord of the building was not immediately available for comment.