BX woman frets over health in soot-filled apartment

A Bronx woman is worried her soot-filled apartment will affect her family?s health.
The resident, who lives in a building on Mandia Street, says she noticed the soot on the wall in her television room in October. She says when she notified her superintendent, nothing was done.
The woman says a few weeks ago maintenance men came to her apartment to investigate the situation. She says they assured her the soot was not coming from her boiler or her chimney.
The woman says her white walls still have a black tint to them. She is now worried about the affects of the soot on her two young children?s health.