Check it out: Comstock's Bridge

The bridge was built back in 1873 and connects the town of East Hampton with Colchester.

News 12 Staff

Nov 10, 2020, 6:04 PM

Updated 1,250 days ago

Share:

For a peek back into history, check out Comstock's Covered Bridge in East Hampton.
The covered bridge that crosses the Salmon River is named after Franklin Comstock, who was the town's first postmaster and petitioned the state to build the bridge.
Originally, it was a means of travel and convenience, Now, it's a historic relic.
The bridge was built back in 1873 and connects the town of East Hampton with Colchester.
The construction of the bridge is named after a man named Howe who developed a technique back in the 1840s that used truss and steel to build a bridge.


More from News 12