Chef's Quick Tip: Chicken Carnitas
Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas (Paleo, Whole 30, gluten-free)
· 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
· 2 teaspoons dried oregano
· ½ teaspoon dried thyme
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 bay leaf
· a few dashes cayenne pepper
· 1 medium onion, sliced
· 4 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1 orange, juiced (reserve orange halves)
· 2 teaspoons sea salt
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in Instant Pot, including orange halves.
2. Seal Instant Pot and cook under high pressure for 10 minutes.
3. Naturally release pressure for 15 minutes; quick release remaining pressure.
4. Remove chicken from pot and let cool; shred using two forks or your fingers.
5. If you wish, crisp up chicken in pan with a little olive oil.
· Have fun and setup a taco/burrito bowl bar with chicken carnitas, fresh salsa, guacamole, chopped red onion, cilantro, chopped lettuce, etc.
· Serve with cauliflower rice for Paleo, Whole 30 meal.