Chef's Quick Tips: Eyeball Pasta
This week, Rachel Lampen and Kristen Mitrakis, owners of Rock Paper Scissors Custom Events, show Tina Redwine how to whip up some scary good Halloween party ideas.
- 5 Pepperazzi pickled sweet red cherry peppers (found on the olive bar in most grocery stores) OR 10 cherry tomatoes
- 5 mini mozzarella balls
- 5 pitted black olives
- half of a package of dried spaghetti or tagliatelle
- jar of prepared spaghetti sauce
- Place one mozzarella ball in each Pepperazzi. If using tomatoes, halve the cherry tomatoes and use a small, sharp knife or a teaspoon to remove the seeds. Cut the mozzarella balls in half. Place one half inside each tomato, trimming the edges if necessary to fit.
- Make a small incision into the mozzarella and push a slice of black olive into it to create a vertical pupil (like a goat’s eye).
- Boil the pasta as directed on the package. Meanwhile, heat the spaghetti sauce. When the pasta is done, spoon sauce over it and arrange the stuffed eyeballs on top.
Rachel Lampen and Kristen Mitrakis, owners