Chef's Quick Tips: Gingerbread dough
Adrianna from Good Morning Cupcake
shows how easy it is to make gingerbread, and it's much tastier than anything you can buy in the store.Recipe
Yield: 1 house or +/- 18 ornaments)
6 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Ginger, ground
1 tbsp Cinnamon, ground
1 tsp Nutmeg, ground
1 tsp Cloves, ground
1 1/2 tsp Salt
2 sticks Butter, unsalted, softened
1 cup Sugar, light brown
2 Eggs, whole
1 cup Molasses
1) Preheat oven to 350*F.
2) Measure the bread flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt into a bowl and set it aside.
3) In the bowl of a stationary mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and brown sugar.
4) Add the eggs.
5) Add the molasses and scrape well.
6) Add the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
7) Refrigerate before using.
8) Roll out dough to a 1/8-1/6 of an inch thickness. Cut into desired shape
9) Bake until firm (about 12-15 minutes).