Chef's Quick Tips: Graveyard cupcakes
This week, Rachel Lampen and Kristen Mitrakis, owners of Rock Paper Scissors Custom Events, show Tina Redwine how to whip up some scary good Halloween party ideas.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Moist chocolate cake mix
- 1 can Betty Crocker Orange Icing with spray nozzle
- 1 package of regular Oreos
- Sour Worms
- Peeps Ghost Marshmallows
- Bake the cupcakes according to the box instructions (or buy ready made, undecorated cupcakes). Once cooled, prepare to decorate – the kids love getting involved with this!
- Blitz 20 Oreo cookies in a blender until it resembles dirt.
- Squirt a generous amount of orange icing around the edge of the cupcake. Place the Peep Ghost in the middle and fill around it with Oreo dirt.
- Add sour worms and any other candies you like. Other fun and ghastly décor includes edible hatchets with food coloring added to the tips to resemble blood.
Rachel Lampen and Kristen Mitrakis, owners