Chef's Quick Tips: Quick chicken soup
Instant Pot Chicken Soup (flu season, Paleo, Whole 30)
3 pounds organic chicken parts, thighs or breast, skin-on and bone-in
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled, cut up
2 celery stalks, cut up
½ bunch parsley
sea salt, to taste
1. Place all ingredients in Instant Pot. Add enough cold water to cover chicken.
2. Seal Instant Pot and cook under high pressure for 15 minutes.
3. Naturally release pressure for 15 minutes; quick release remaining pressure.
4. Remove parsley and chicken from pot.
5. Remove skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken with two forks or with your fingers. Return chicken to Instant Pot and serve.
Add cooked noodles or cooked rice to soup after soup is done cooking and heat just until hot, if desired.
If you wish, strain soup and freeze in pint or quart size containers for future use. Cooked chicken can be used salads, sandwiches, any recipe calling for cooked chicken.