Chef's Quick Tips: Wasabi & Sesame Crusted Tuna
Chef and caterer Chris Reveron of Bridgeport shows Tina Redwine how to make sweet and savory dishes.
Wasabi & Sesame Crusted Tuna w/ Green Tea Soba Noodles & Sesame Garlic Sauce
- 1 Pkg Green tea soba noodles
- ½ red onion, julienne
- ¼ cup Zucchini, Julienne (skin only)
- ¼ cup yellow squash, Julienne (skin only)
- ¼ cup carrot, julienne
- ¼ cup scallion
- Cook noodles for 8-10 minutes and rapid cool down in cold water. Drain noodles and toss in 3 table spoons of sesame garlic sauce, onion, zucchini, squash, carrot, and scallion. Set aside and keep room temp for plating.
- 1 piece tuna (5-6 oz. portion)
- 1 table spoon each- white & black sesame seeds (mixed)
- Wasabi paste (store bought is fine)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Thinly spread layer of wasabi on both sides of tuna. Then coat with sesame seeds. Sear on medium heat in pan with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. 2-3 minutes per side for rare- medium rare tuna.
Sesame Garlic sauce;
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for 4 hours at least.
Place mixed noodles center plate. Cut tuna on bias and cross over noodles. Finish entrée with drizzle on and around fish
Chef Chris Reveron/Caterer