Chef's Quick Tips: Whoopie pie family
Adrianna from Good Morning Cupcake
shows how easy it is to make whoopie pie creations, and they are much tastier than anything you can buy in the store.
1 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
4 tbsp Butter, unsalted, softened
4 tbsp Vegetable Shortening
1 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Measure the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stationary mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter , shortening and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the half of the flour mixture and then half of the milk. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat. Mix until everything is completely combined.
- Fill a pipping bag or ziplock bag with the batter. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Pipe a head, two arms, and two legs close together. Leave an inch between the next figure.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the pie springs back when pressed gently.
- Fill with desired flavor (ie: whipped cream, jam, frosting, curd, peanut butter, etc.)
- Decorate as desired.