STORM WATCH

Potentially severe storms are rounding out Memorial Day weather. Heavy rain, strong winds, hail all possible.

'Choking game' may be to blame in Stamford boy's death

Parents are being warned that a dangerous ?choking game? may be to blame for the death of a 12-year-old Stamford boy last week. The family members of Evan O?Connor, who died of self-asphyxiation, believe

News 12 Staff

Feb 9, 2006, 5:33 PM

Updated 6,682 days ago

Share:

'Choking game' may be to blame in Stamford boy's death
Parents are being warned that a dangerous ?choking game? may be to blame for the death of a 12-year-old Stamford boy last week.
The family members of Evan O?Connor, who died of self-asphyxiation, believe the Scofield Magnet Middle School student heard about the game and must have tried it. The game, which stops the flow of oxygen to the brain, causes a brief natural high.
The Stamford School District superintendent has sent out a letter to parents warning of the dangers of such games. In addition, a meeting was held for parents at the middle school Tuesday night.
Related Link The Choking Game Stop the Choking Game


More from News 12