Click It or Ticket campaign underway in Connecticut

The Click It or Ticket campaign typically takes place twice a year - around the Memorial Day weekend and Thanksgiving travel periods.

May 23, 2023, 10:15 AM

Updated 334 days ago

Share:

State and local police are joining the national Click It or Ticket campaign to keep drivers and passengers safe.
The Click It or Ticket campaign typically takes place twice a year - around the Memorial Day weekend and Thanksgiving travel periods. Law enforcement agencies have extra eyes on the road for seat belt enforcement thanks to grant money.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation says 11,813 people killed in crashes in the Unites States in 2021 were not wearing a seat belt. That number was 75 in Connecticut.
The DOT says the national seat belt use rate was 91.6% last year. Click It or Ticket is focusing on the remaining 8.4% who still don’t buckle up.
Connecticut law requires all drivers and passengers in the front and back seats to wear a seat belt. Fines start at $92.
Click It or Ticket runs through June 4.


More from News 12