Court documents show Naugatuck dad was on house arrest and parole at time of infant’s death
The man at the center of an intense manhunt by local, state and federal law enforcement was on house arrest when he allegedly stabbed, strangled and dismembered his infant daughter inside the home they shared. Naugatuck police previously said Christopher Francisquini was on special parole and out on bond with court-mandated GPS monitoring. But News 12 dug into his pending court cases which show Francisquini was on near 24-7 lockdown and suggests police should have been searching for him before they ever learned of his child’s death.
On Nov. 14—just four days before police say Francisquini brutally killed his 11-month-old daughter Camilla—he appeared in Milford Superior Court on pending cases there. During that hearing, probation officials reported he was fully compliant with the terms of his bond release, according to court records. Documents show the conditions included GPS monitoring, no new charges and house arrest except for work and medical appointments that probation verified beforehand. Because of that compliance, the judge signed off on Francisquini's request to leave the house on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
But on Nov. 18, Francisquini turned their home at 150 Millville Ave. into a crime scene. Police believe he then left the house and went to Waterbury where he got into an argument with the child's mother, cut off his ankle monitor and took off. They said Camilla’s mother didn't know her daughter was dead at the time of the fight. She then returned home, and 911 was called reporting the baby's death. Police wouldn't say if Camilla's mother was the one who found her, just that a family member did.
A neighbor told News 12 the couple lived there with Francisquini's parents and other relatives, possibly his siblings.
Court records show Francisquini was previously convicted of a 2012 assault. He served several years in prison, then was released on special parole. But in Nov. of 2021, Francisquini was arrested again after a carjacking at the VA Hospital in West Haven. Police reports allege he also assaulted multiple officers and tried to escape while in custody. He faces additional charges out of Bridgeport Superior Court.
Francisquini stayed locked up until June, then was released on bond with those strict conditions. Police said he’s out on a total of $375,000 bond in five cases.
News 12 reached out to the office of probation to find out what time they got the alert Francisquini had violated house arrest Friday and if someone contacted police. The executive director told News 12 he can't discuss pending cases. He also claimed it was possible Francisquini had previously been cleared by the office to leave for a medical appointment or work but did not have the file in front of him.
Francisquini remains on the run with a $10,000 reward for his capture. Anyone with information on Francisquini’s whereabouts is asked to call Naugatuck police at 203-729-5222 or the confidential tip line at 203-720-1010.