CT Health Dept. warns public of carbon monoxide poisoning due to improper use of fuel-burning equipment

The State Department of Health is reminding the public of the potential dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning due to the improper use of fuel-burning equipment.
The warning came after Monday’s storm-related power outages.
Officials said this happens when fuels like gasoline and propane don't burn completely, and warn people that breathing in the odorless gas could be deadly. 
The department recommends placing generators at least 20 feet from the house.
They also say to never use portable generators, grills, or other fuel-powered equipment inside the home, garage or enclosed spaces.
People can access additional resources by clicking here.