Fairfield school closed due to frozen pipe situation

<p>Bursting frozen pipes are causing problems and several closures in Fairfield.</p>

News 12 Staff

Jan 8, 2018, 11:07 AM

Updated 2,330 days ago

Share:

Bursting frozen pipes are causing problems and several closures in Fairfield.
Ludlowe High School closed Monday due to a frozen pipe situation.
The Gaelic Club in Fairfield was forced to close its doors Sunday due to a frozen sprinkler pipe that burst. It reopened Monday afternoon.
According to officials, the club flooded as a result of the pipe bursting, causing water damage to the building.
"We think it's going to get worse in the next week or so if it starts warming up, because things that are frozen and are filled with ice will then just start running water," says Fairfield Fire Chief Kyran Dunn.
Officials also say a homeowner set a wall on fire Sunday while trying to melt a pipe with propane.
Experts recommend letting faucets drip and opening cabinet doors below sinks to avoid freezing pipes.


More from News 12