Family displaced in fire at Stamford townhouse

Crews responded to Ursula Place on the East Side of the city before 3 a.m.

Jun 12, 2023, 5:05 PM

Updated 343 days ago

Share:

A Stamford family is displaced following a fire at a townhouse Monday morning. 
It happened just before 3 a.m. on Ursula Place on the east side of the city.
Officials say when crews arrived, the front siding was burning. Firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading inside the townhouse and to the neighboring townhouses. 
The family is temporarily displaced because of smoke damage inside the townhouse. The Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the family.
Officials say an electrical fire started in the exterior wall of the townhouse. The fire marshal is investigating why the cables in the wall malfunctioned. 
Officials say no one was injured.


More from News 12