Fire officials give warning after discarded embers cause house fire

<p>An urgent warning from fire officials after discarded embers sparked a fire that caused major damage.</p>

News 12 Staff

Dec 23, 2017, 12:08 PM

Updated 2,348 days ago

Share:

An urgent warning from fire officials after discarded embers sparked a fire that caused major damage.
It happened on Mary Ellen Drive Friday.
The Fire Department says the family's shed, and all the equipment inside it, went up in flames, about three hours after the homeowner dumped embers from the wood stove behind the shed.
Officials say embers are flammable for 24 hours, and should be placed in a fire-rated metal container.


More from News 12