Fire officials: Stamford fire damages 2-family home on Hazel Street

<p>Residents were displaced in Stamford after a basement fire damaged a two-family home.&nbsp;</p>

News 12 Staff

Jan 1, 2018, 12:18 PM

Updated 2,331 days ago

Share:

Residents were displaced in Stamford after a basement fire damaged a two-family home.
Firefighters responded to the fire on Hazel Street Sunday night when the temperatures were well below freezing. They were able to get the fire under control within an hour.
Fire officials say the home had working smoke detectors and all the home's occupants had escaped by the time they arrived. They are blaming an electric space heater for the fire.
The American Red Cross has helped relocate nine residents of the home. 


More from News 12