Firefighters called to Norwalk senior housing complex on report of smoke caused by burning food

Firefighters responded to a senior housing complex in Norwalk early Tuesday morning after a report of smoke at one of the condominiums.
The incident happened around 5 a.m. inside Building E at Cedar Court Senior Housing on Summit Avenue.
Officials say overcooked food on top of a stove activated the smoke detectors. They say one man was inside the condo and evacuated. He was not hurt.
Officials say once crews ventilated the condo, the man was able to return inside.