House fire caused by extension cord forces family into temporary housing

A family has been forced out of their home following a fire on Monday night on Jockey Hollow Road in Monroe.

Robyn Karashik

Nov 28, 2023, 5:31 PM

Updated 238 days ago

Share:

A family has been forced out of their home following a fire on Monday night on Jockey Hollow Road in Monroe.
Officials say it happened around 11:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire in the kitchen which they were able to contain and eventually put out.
They say it was caused by the misuse of an extension cord.
No one was injured, but the family has had to seek temporary housing due to the damage the blaze left.


More from News 12