Investigators: Las Vegas shooter planned to survive, escape in moments after massacre

<p>The shooter in the Las Vegas deadly massacre apparently planned to survive and escape in the moments after the massacre, but investigators did not specifically say how he intended to do that.</p>

News 12 Staff

Oct 5, 2017, 10:59 AM

Updated 2,422 days ago

Share:

The shooter in the Las Vegas deadly massacre apparently planned to survive and escape in the moments after the massacre, but investigators did not specifically say how he intended to do that.
According to Las Vegas's sheriff, accused shooter Stehpen Paddock also rented a room near downtown Las Vegas last month at the same time as an alternative music festival nearby.
As part of their investigation, police have recovered some surveillance video and items from the Ogden Hotel, where Paddock stayed from Sept. 22 through the 24.
Meanwhile, a hotel security officer was shot in the leg when Paddock sprayed 200 rounds of gunfire into the hallway when that officer approached his hotel room.
The guard then helped a group of police officers evacuate rooms on the 32nd floor of the hotel.
In his car, Paddock had 1,600 rounds of ammunition and 50 pounds of explosives, typically used in target shooting.
Paddock also used a number of cameras in his hotel room, none of which were recording.
Meanwhile, the girlfriend of Paddock says she had no advance knowledge of what he was planning.
Marilou Danley released a statement through her lawyer after she was interviewed by the FBI.
According to Danley, she remembers Paddock "as a kind, caring, quiet man."
Danley says he wired her money while she was in the Philippines so she could buy a house, and thought that was his way of breaking up with her.
President Trump met Wednesday with survivors, family of those killed, and first responders.
The president says it made him proud to be an American after seeing what they've done.


More from News 12