Monroe Volunteer FD: Firewood stored inside home catches fire

A fire broke out inside a home around 7 p.m. Friday at a home on Cutlers Farm Road, according to the Monroe Volunteer Fire Department.
Firefighters found a small pile of firewood stored next to the fireplace that had caught on fire. It was quickly contained, and smoke was ventilated using fans.
Due to the smoke damage, the family was unable to spend the night in the home.
Firefighters are reminding residents to make sure they have working smoke alarms and a protective screen in front of their fireplaces.
It was not immediately clear what sparked the fire.