Norwalk High School placed on lockdown for 3rd time; connected to 2 other incidents

Police say there was a third security threat in eight days at Norwalk High School Wednesday, and it is connected to the two other incidents over the past week.

News 12 Staff

Dec 8, 2021, 10:21 PM

Updated 958 days ago

Share:

Police say there was a third security threat in eight days at Norwalk High School Wednesday, and it is connected to the two other incidents over the past week.
Police say they are now enlisting the help of the FBI.
The situation prompted another lockdown. Students were told to take shelter around 1:45 p.m. They were then told about 35 minutes later to gather their things and leave quickly.
"We swept the building with several officers after a lockdown took place. Once the building was secured, we did an orderly dismissal," said Deputy Chief James Walsh.
News 12 spoke with some students who said they are weary of the threats. There was an event earlier Wednesday to show the staff they were appreciated after dealing with two scares last week and that these repeated incidents are taking a toll.
"It is kind of frustrating, the teachers just got appreciation for helping us through it, and here is another one," said senior Bailey Lewis.
A nearby middle school and elementary school were also secured while the high school was on lockdown.


More from News 12