Several Norwalk residents displaced following apartment building fire

Four apartments are unlivable due to smoke and heat damage.

News 12 Staff

Jan 28, 2023, 11:58 PM

Updated 513 days ago

Share:

An apartment fire in Norwalk Saturday displaced several people on Saturday afternoon.
It happened just after 1 p.m. in a second floor apartment above The Lime Restaurant on Main Avenue.
Four apartments are unlivable due to smoke and heat damage.
The businesses on the first floor got water damage but the restaurant remained open.
"We were concerned, based on the amount of smoke and fire that we encountered on arrival, that the fire had not only spread to other apartments, but the attic as well. But the first arrival companies did a good job of finding the fire that was extending into the walls and cutting a whole in the roof," said Norwalk Fire Department Chief Timothy Reardon.


More from News 12