STORM WATCH

A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Fairfield County.

Stratford officer saves family from CO poisoning

<p>Jonathan Forrestier, a&nbsp;Stratford police officer, is being hailed as a hero after saving a family from carbon monoxide poisoning.</p>

News 12 Staff

Dec 14, 2017, 10:00 PM

Updated 2,351 days ago

Share:

A Stratford police officer is being hailed as a hero after officials say his quick thinking saved the lives of an entire family.
Officer Jonathan Forrestier says he saw thick white smoke coming from a house on Canaan Road on Friday. There was no answer when he knocked on the doors and windows of the home.
He then called emergency responders, who arrived quickly on the scene.
As it turned out, the furnace had malfunctioned, causing a 30-year-old mother and her two girls inside to become unconscious from carbon monoxide.
Police say the family could have died had Forrestier not intervened.
"It makes me feel great,” said Forrestier. “I took this job to help people and that's what I intend to do."
The officer has been on the job for one year. The family says they are grateful Forrestier saved their lives.


More from News 12