Tossed cigarette blamed for fire that forced evacuation

<p>Fire officials say a fire sparked by a cigarette forced the evacuation of a multifamily house Sunday.</p>

News 12 Staff

Jan 14, 2018, 11:35 PM

Updated 2,316 days ago

Share:

Bridgeport fire officials say a fire sparked by a cigarette forced the evacuation of a multifamily house in the West End Sunday.
It happened this morning in the 800 block of Howard Avenue.
Investigators say somebody tossed a cigarette butt from an upper floor.
Officials say a window frame caught fire and the blaze spread through a wall.
Residents were forced out of the building.
Officials say nobody was hurt and residents were allowed to return to their apartments a short time later.


More from News 12