Workshop catches fire, damages Westport barn that was converted into apartment

The acting Westport fire chief says the barn was converted into an apartment that had a workshop inside.

News 12 Staff

Jun 5, 2023, 3:50 PM

Updated 324 days ago

Share:

A barn on Old Hill Road in Westport was damaged Monday when a fire broke out in a space that was used as a workshop.
The acting Westport fire chief says the barn was converted into an apartment that had a workshop inside. The fire was contained in that area.
"By the time units arrived here there was an attached apartment fire," says acting Chief Nick Marsan. "They got three family members out safely. Firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading to the entire building."
Marsan says two firefighters were treated on the scene for heat exhaustion.
Photos courtesy of the Westport Fire Department


More from News 12