Chef's Quick Tips: Instant Pot Turkey Bolognese
Instant Pot Turkey Bolognese (Paleo, Whole 30-adaptable, gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons extra olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup red wine, chicken or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh basil sprig
- Heat oil in Instant Pot using “Saute” setting. Add carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook until browned, using spoon to break up meat.
- Add wine or broth, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, bay leaf, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Seal Instant Pot and let cook under high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes; quick release remaining pressure.
- Open pot and add basil sprig; stir for a few minutes to let basil scent sauce.
- Save time by using food processor to chop vegetables using pulse function.
- Use chicken or beef broth instead of red wine for Whole 30.
- Serve over cooked zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash for Paleo, Whole 30 meal).