Experts weigh in on whether Connecticut is ready for the next Superstorm Sandy

Sunday marks 10 years since Superstorm Sandy, but is Connecticut ready for the next big storm?
Long Island Soundkeeper Bill Lucey says he is worried for the next storm.
"We're out of time now, and we need to work very hard and very fast," said Lucey.
Connecticut sustained $360 million in damage. Since then, the state has made major changes to prevent flooding.
Instead of one big fix, it's dozens of smaller solutions, like restoring marshlands, taking down unnecessary dams, improving aging storm water systems, widening drainage culverts under roadways and offering homeowners incentives to un-pave their property.
"As we build, as we add more streets, driveways and buildings, there isn't anywhere for the water to go. It doesn't drain into the ground, so it just flows into your neighbor's home," said Chris Kelly, Save the Sound attorney.
Hundreds of homes have been raised. Connecticut is also strengthening building codes.
"Simple things that the construction industry could be doing with hurricane-proof nails and, you know, roofing approaches -- things that can help avoid a whole lot of insurance claims," said Connecticut Energy and Environmental Protection Commissioner Katie Dykes said.
Construction keeps coming along the shoreline.
Lucey says life along the coast could look very different.
"My biggest fear is that we're going to end up with a Long Island Sound that's completely surrounded by sheet piling, and there will be no more beaches. It'll be a steel canyon ringing this entire area," he said.
These projects are expensive. Connecticut Attorney General William Tong wants the oil companies to pay. He is now suing ExxonMobil.