Fire department: Battery caused fire that tore through Tesla in Stamford

Stamford officials are blaming a battery for a stubborn fire that destroyed a luxury electric car.
The fire department released video of crews fighting the fames in a Tesla parked behind the Blue Ginger Restaurant on East Main Street.
Officials say it took more than 40 minutes and fire hoses shooting out 600 gallons of water per minute to finally bring the flames under control.
The batteries of electric cars are made with a highly flammable material that makes them more challenging to put out.