Fire departments warn of potential dangers of lithium-ion batteries

As people get ready to open gifts this holiday season, fire officials are warning of the potential dangers associated with lithium-ion batteries.
These small batteries, also known as button batteries, can be found in some toys, e-bikes, scooters, phones and laptops.
Young kids can also accidentally swallow them.
The Fairfield Fire Department recommends avoiding charging devices underneath pillows, beds and couches, always use the manufacturer's cord and power adapter made specifically for that device, and keep batteries and devices at room temperature.