Holiday cheer goes up in flames for Bridgeport family displaced by fire

A Bridgeport family may spend Christmas on the streets after a fire destroyed their home, and their holiday spirits.Heatherrose Desmond and her three children are temporarily staying at the Fairfield

News 12 Staff

Dec 22, 2006, 12:21 AM

Updated 6,360 days ago

Share:

Holiday cheer goes up in flames for Bridgeport family displaced by fire
A Bridgeport family may spend Christmas on the streets after a fire destroyed their home, and their holiday spirits.Heatherrose Desmond and her three children are temporarily staying at the Fairfield Inn, thanks to the Red Cross. Their home, along with their Christmas tree and presents were destroyed Wednesday when Desmond's 4-year-old son Matthew accidentally sparked a fire with a cigarette lighter.No one was hurt in the fire, however the family is now wondering where they will spend the holiday. Desmond say she recognizes now she should have educated her kids more about fire safety.


More from News 12