Jury selection underway in trial of man accused of killing parents

<p>Jury selection is underway in the case of a Connecticut man accused of killing his parents.</p>

News 12 Staff

Feb 2, 2018, 8:34 PM

Updated 2,305 days ago

Share:

Jury selection underway in trial of man accused of killing parents
Jury selection is underway in the case of a Connecticut man accused of killing his parents.
In the 28-year-old Navin's arrest warrant, police outlined texts between him and his girlfriend that talked about eliminating his parents to get their money. Police also say they found bullet holes in Navin's truck and blood matching both his parents in his truck and the basement of his home.
The judge in Bridgeport wants to impanel 16 to 18 jurors. Two were chosen on Thursday, and two more were chosen Friday.
Several potential jurors were excused because they said they knew about the case and had already formed an opinion. Other potential jurors said they had work or family obligations, leading to the drawn-out selection process.
Testimony is set to begin April 17 in the trial that is expected to last four to five weeks.
Navin's girlfriend, Jennifer Valiente, was also charged in the case. She pleaded guilty to hindering the prosecution in exchange for eight years in prison. She's listed as a potential witness for the state in Navin's trial, but her plea deal does not require her to testify.


More from News 12