Officials: 1 person hospitalized for smoke inhalation following Westport fire

It happened at an apartment on Bridge Street just before 6:30 p.m. Fire officials say it started in the kitchen.

Rose Shannon

Feb 17, 2024, 12:36 PM

Updated 56 days ago

Share:

One person was hospitalized for smoke inhalation Friday after a fire in Westport.
It happened at an apartment on Bridge Street just before 6:30 p.m. Fire officials say it started in the kitchen.
When firefighters arrived, the third floor was filled with smoke. They were able to put out the flames and evacuate residents.
The building was also ventilated and carbon monoxide levels were checked before residents were allowed to reenter the building.


More from News 12