Officials: Misplaced wreath starts fire outside Litchfield home

A fire broke out at a home in Litchfield on Maple Street late Saturday night.

Robyn Karashik

Dec 18, 2023, 12:08 AM

Updated 212 days ago

Share:

A fire broke out at a home in Litchfield on Maple Street late Saturday night.
Fire crews arrived on scene at 9:30 p.m. and found a fire outside that had been put out by the homeowner.
According to officials, it was an accident caused by a holiday wreath that was put atop a light fixture.
No injuries were reported. The Litchfield Fire Department is reminding residents to take precaution with decorations this holiday season.


More from News 12